Being a Health professional you must have heard about the Continuing Professional Development or Continuing Medical Education (CPD/CME). After you get a professional degree or qualification CME points will help you to upgrade your knowledge regarding your profession.
All over the world now health authorities are making CME points as mandatory requirement to maintain your professional license. Almost all specialties are required to go through this process these days. Professionals included Pharmacists, Nurses, Midwives, General Practitioners, Radiologists, Dentists, etc
CME points refers to the hours which are required to be fulfilled to complete the requirements. Many courses are designed accordingly to deliver the knowledge in set time. These updated knowledge is then used to raise the standards of medical service in a medical setting.
For example: Dubai Health Authority requires 20 CME points hours for renewal of Pharmacy License every year. Arizona requires an average of 40 hours of CME points every two years.
How to Earn CME points Online
CME points can be earned online by taking the ongoing educational briefs provided by the website. In most cases you have to check CME points are provided online are free or they cost some dimes. Basically educational websites are developing these courses with help of professionals so they are keen to charge you some amount but not always, so most of the times you will be charged for the membership fees mainly. However, some websites also charge for every CME or sometimes for certain types of CME activities only.
CME Points/Hours Accredited bodies
Here are some of the licensed bodies which help you to update your knowledge through earning CME points easily and effectively.
- Educational Agencies - which are responsible for medical knowledge development.
- Hospitals - medical professionals often design CME points based on their own professional experiences.
- Educational Institutes - these are the institutes those who award professional degrees
- Online websites - this is a new trend. Websites being accredited with regular licensing bodies to process medical information which is authentic and reliable. Its not a surprise if they create CME points lectures for professionals.
- Cleveland Clinic - clevelandclinicmeded.com
- BMJ Learning free CME for Healthcare professionals - http://bmjlearning.com
- Free CME Points Award website - freecme.com
- CME Points award List - cmelist.com
- Nursing CME http://www.nursingceu.com
- Continuing Education for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians - http://powerpak.com
- Nursing Knowldge Center - http://www.nursingworld.org/ce/
- ArcMesa Educators - http://www.arcmesa.org
- Where the Dental Community Lives! - http://www.dentaltown.com
- RxInsider Connecting Pharmacy Community - http://www.rxinsider.com
- PharmAce - Online Pharmacy Technician Career Guide - http://www.pharmace.com
Disclaimer: We don't have any participation or partnership with any of these CME Points awarding bodies or links published in this article.