We all know that the unification of Medical licenses in UAE was finalized and started this year. It is good news for medical professionals about the Memorandum of Understanding between Dubai Health Authority (DHA) and the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD).
An agreement is signed where a medical professional will be able to convert or transfer a medical license from one issuing authority to another, for example – from DHA License to HAAD License or DOH
In a nutshell, this change is to revive the recognition of medical licenses of health care professionals across the region.
Benefits of License Conversion/Transfer
- To revive recognition of medical licenses of health care professionals under one umbrella.
- Unification of opportunities across the Emirates.
- Reduced steps for employers to find new healthcare professionals without converting health license
Things are getting simpler but still, some questions are asked on how to convert a DHA license to HAAD License, where to start the conversion process? what are the requirements for the transfer of license, what are the fees, how many days are needed to complete this whole process of transfer?. You will find the answers to these questions as we are providing this information to those who can benefit from this memorandum.
Things to remember first
This step is quite important before you start the procedure to convert a DHA License to HAAD License as you can’t start your procedure just after passing your DHA Exam. First, you have to be on a job with a DHA License. Secondly, you should spend at least 6 months on the job. And fulfil the requirements needed for the transfer.
Healthcare professionals with only eligibility letters can also convert to HAAD License or MOH.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Convert DHA License to HAAD License
First, you would need a Good Standing certificate. It will cost 510 AED for normal process and it is available from your DHA account. If you need it urgent fees will be 1010 aed ( 2 -3 working days). Payment is done online and using a credit card.
- Create an account in the Data Flow HAAD License section. Fill up the profile and upload all necessary documents required.
- You should have your data flow report from DHA which is available in the DHA account under the section of PSV. If you don’t have this report you can always request it by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you don’t have any sponsor up to now you can simply put in self-applicant. The process will be pretty simple if you have a sponsor at this stage.
- Now you should expect a Payment notification from HAAD Data Flow. As you have the PSV report with you already, you can send them back your PSV report back to their email and wait for the next step
- As a next step, HAAD will send you an email with your login details and a direct link to the HAAD website. Now login with the details sent to you into the online HAAD portal.
- Now upload and fill up again all necessary documents. Wait for their email or you can always check the status of the application submitted to your HAAD account
We have tried our best to get you through the process to convert the DHA License to the HAAD license easily. Even if you need our assistance and any help at any stage you can always contact us to help you to transfer your DHA license to your HAAD license easily.
This process to convert a DHA license to HAAD License is more or less similar for most medical fields including Pharmacists, Assistant Pharmacists, nurses, Radiologists, Dentists etc.
Since this DHA and HAAD agreement things are getting simpler. It will open doors for more jobs in recent future. Many candidates and health professionals also wish to unify the examination process of DHA, HAAD License and MOH Uae.
For new readers
- HAAD stands for Health Authority of Abu Dhabi.
- HAAD License is required to work as a health professional in Abu Dhabi.
- DHA stands for Dubai Health Authority.
- DHA License is required to practice in Dubai health facilities.
- Data Flow is a third party hired by MOH UAE, HAAD, and DHA for verification of your documents from their original issuer.
- DOH stands for Department of Health
- PSV stands for primary source verification.
This service allows medical facilities to apply for the transfer of the licenses of nursing practitioners and medical professionals from one medical facility to another.
FAQs for HAAD License Conversion
Q: What’s the average timeframe for DHA to HAAD license transfer?
A: On average, it requires 2-3 business days to produce the certificate.